The 7-Factor Audit Sets the Industry Standard
Penrose Senior Care Auditors® created the senior care audit service – and set the Senior Care 7-Factor Audit™ standard.
When a PenroseCertified® senior care auditor visits your senior and conducts the 7-Factor Audit, they are helping to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of your loved-one. The 7-Factor Audit™ is conducted while the auditor is on-site visiting your senior. They login to a proprietary Senior Care Audit Center. Once completed, your senior care audit report is automatically emailed to you.
Senior care audits assess living conditions through the lens of health and safety. For senior care auditors, clutter means potential slips or falls. A low-level of supplies could signal poor nutrition. Or, a strong urinary odor may be a sign of unsanitary conditions or a need for a medical check-up. There are no medical or financial audit items.
Penrose Senior Care Auditors’® 7-Factor Audit™ contains 150 items
- Cleanliness and Clutter – by facility/home and senior area/room
- Odor and Temperature - by facility/home and senior area/room
- Caregivers and Support – performance, friendliness, and accessibility
- Operations and Maintenance – working order of appliances, HVAC, and technology as well as maintenance of facility/home
- Pantry and Supplies – food, toiletries, etc.
- Senior Observations – observations of mood, temperature, hygiene, signs of abuse
- Other - items such as pet care
PenroseCertified® senior care auditors are not certified to:
- Administer or monitor medications
- Help with bathing, dressing, toileting, or eating
- Assist with transferring
- Audit or administer finances
- Cook or prepare meals
- Clean or straighten up
- Evaluate health or mental status
- Communicate directly with caregivers
- Touch or move the senior
- Negotiate living conditions or arrangements
- Share findings with senior or facility
Generally, our auditors work Monday through Saturday between 9:00am and 5:00pm. Each audit takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Affordable Fees are a small investment for peace of mind
Most clients request weekly audits for a monthly fee less than 5% of the average monthly assisted living cost – at about $40 – $100 per visit. Call for a custom quote.
All clients’ needs aren’t the same. The menu of services below helps to meet specific needs at an additional, affordable fees:
- Emergency Visits
- Audit Report Conference Calls
- Residence Additional Audit Spaces
- Senior Care Facility Additional Audit Spaces
- Additional Related Senior at One Residence